You know what actually hunts you more than losing something? Ruining something with your own hand. When you know something not right still you do it, is when you either destroy something completely or create awesomeness. But in most cases we lose. We lose because of our less efforts and knowledge. When you will have the both effort and the knowledge together you will gain something which is forever, no one will be able to take it from you. Especially in designing case, you have to be expert enough to rule your field like King, no mistakes only strategies and action.
Removing background is the greatest trick ever played, it changes the whole dimension of the photo and creates the subject with a whole new sensitivity. This sensitivity can make or destroy your whole reputation. As said “First impression is the last impression” exactly that is how the images are treated, if you see it once and like it, you will keep thinking about it and buy it. Strategy is simple, make the eyes see it more.
In this article we will be discussing how the photos should be altered with Photoshop for background removal. You can also find professional background removal service. Reading makes you know more and do more. Let’s start the written tutorial then.
- Select the desired any image you like or you want to alter ( Solid background)
- Unlock the layers, so that the images can be easily altered layer by layer. To do so open a new layer and change the layer to zero which will unlock the layer.
- Then select the magic eraser to erase the background. Magic eraser will delete the background easily. Which you will find it in the eraser tool menu
- Settle your magic eraser setting. When you are selecting the menu of the eraser you will see some settings which you have to change according to the need, like
- To keep the parts of the subject you have to set the tolerance to 20-30, lower tolerance keep the subject accurate.
- Tap on the anti-alias box
- Tap on the contiguous box as well (both of the box should be ticked)
- Set the opacity to 100%
- Tap on the background, when you will click on the base the same colored particles and the base will be removed. Tolerance helps to remove the same colored objects.
- If the background has the solid color then it shall be removed instantly but if not then some of the remaining base may stay which should be zoomed in to see and erase. Minor steps may be utilized.
- Selecting the subject- when you are done removing the base, you will get the transparent background which is ready to be change with the new one. Use the lasso tool to draw a blue outline around the subject which you call clipping path, to do press Ctrl+shift+Jwhich will produce “New Layer Via Cut” this actually detaches the old background layer from the subject. After this you can delete the old background at layer-0.
- Now save the file which is ready to be based on other background.
Procedure -2 for complex Background
- Select the image you need to modify
- Now click on the eraser menu and hold clicking until it appears with the option, when it opens select the background eraser tool
- Settle your brush, you will find it in the tool bar at the top. Select the arrow icon next to the brush shape and keep the hardness to 100% which help you to erase as much as the center does. Diameter should set as per the need. If the diameter is large then the strokes will be large.
- Keep you limit to contiguous, which will delete the color that would be removed inside the subject, even if you are erasing the background. If you have any spot inside the subject then the contiguous will help you to remove that as well.
- Tolerance should be kept low. Low tolerance helps to find the same color defaults and it help you to delete the similar ones. High tolerance removes high range of colors. And so the tolerance should be 20-30.
- Cast the pointer near to the edge of subject. A circle will be shown with small cross hairs in the center. The crosshairs shows the “hotspot” and deletes the color that appears inside the brush. It also does a color extraction at the edges of any subject, so the color halos are not visible even if the subject is pasted into another image.
- Select and drag to erase- the circles can be used to crossover into the subject while you are erasing, but don’t go to the subject, it shouldn’t touch it or else it will delete the subject’s color.
- You can check your results on checkerboard; there some pattern will appear in the areas where you erased. The checkerboard says about the transparency.
- Keep erasing the background around the subject. For some places the size should be reduced.
- Keep your eyes on the edges of the subject. Do clipping path and then start broad strokes with the standard eraser to remove the rest background. And finally smoothen the edges and complete your work.