Hyaluronic acid is found in the human body naturally. It is responsible for maintaining the moisture of the skin and keeping the joints lubricated. But with age our body loses its natural hyaluronic acid, which is why we must replenish it. There are several products available in the market packed with the amazing hyaluronic acid benefits. By choosing the right products you can maintain your skin’s youthful glow and reduce the signs of ageing.
Here are 2 ways in which you can use hyaluronic acid on your skin.
1. Using Hyaluronic Acid Serum
With so many hyaluronic acid serum products available in the market, it can be confusing which one to choose for yourself. The best way to choose is to do your research first. Buy a product which offers different molecular sizes as hyaluronic acid usually has large molecules that do not penetrate the skin as well. Avoid introducing too many oils to your skin if your skin is oily or combination. Try a water based serum that will not introduce unnecessary oils to your skin. Similarly, try a water or oil based serum for dry or normal skin types. Once you have the product, here is how you should use it.
- Do a test try first to see if your skin reacts to the product. You can apply some serum behind your ear to see if you have an allergic reaction.
- Cleanse your face as you normally do and apply toner.
- Dampen your skin and then apply a thin layer of hyaluronic acid serum. This will help the serum to absorb better.
- Ideally, use hyaluronic acid twice a day in the morning and at night.
2. Using Hyaluronic Acid Cream
A hyaluronic acid cream is a great product for retaining skin moisture. Since moisturizing creams sit on the skin and maintain its moisture, adding a hyaluronic acid cream to your skin care routine will increase the benefit. When choosing a cream, look for a product that has at least 0.1% concentration of hyaluronic acid in it. If you have sensitive skin, stick to a product with a lower strength hyaluronic acid for the fear of dryness or damage. Once you have chosen the product, here is how you can use it.
- If you don’t feel like ditching an old moisturizer that works well for you, simply add the hyaluronic acid to it rather than purchasing a whole new product.
- Make sure that if you are adding hyaluronic acid to your existing moisturizer you have read through its ingredients so you can achieve the correct concentration of hyaluronic acid in it.
- If you have bought a new hyaluronic acid cream do a test try first to make sure your skin doesn’t have any reactions to it.
- You can use this cream as often as you want. Say you wash your face four times a day? You can apply the cream on your face after every wash. Or use as per your skin care routine.
Has this article been helpful? Let us know in the comments.