The application industry and products of laser marking are more and more extensive. With the development of production technology, the processing pattern of laser marking is also changing tremendously. In order to meet the needs of surface processing, the 3D laser marking technology is gradually emerging. It has been preferred by all walks of life because of its fast, efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly features, spreading to all kinds of industrial field.
In the application of laser engraving, it is common to use a traditional two-dimensional laser marking machine to mark all kinds of metal or non-metal materials. However, to meet the demand of 3D surface marking of various products in the market, 3D surface laser marking machine came into being and has continuously been mature.
3D laser marking is a way of laser surface indentation processing. Compared with the traditional 2D laser marking, for 3D laser marking machine, the requirement of the surface smoothness of the processed object has been dramatically reduced. In the process of deep engraving, it not only guarantees the outcomes but also improves efficiency. The processable effect is more colorful, and more creative processing technology is applied.
The Disadvantage of Traditional 2D Laser Marking
With the traditional laser marking machine, the workpiece must be flat on the same dimension, and the processing surface must be on the same level in order to achieve a one-time marking. It cannot complete the mission of curve surface marking. At the same time, there are inherent defects in traditional 2D laser marking for the deep carving of the object. With the change of laser focus in the process of carving, the laser energy acting on the actual surface of the object will decrease sharply, which seriously affects the effect and efficiency of a deep engraving.
Advantages of Emerging 3D Laser Marking
- Scope of engraving: 3D laser engraving machine mainly uses three-dimensional focusing positioning system. Under the same focusing precision working condition, the marking range of 3D is a little wider than that of 2D. Relevant parameters being set in advance, the 3D laser marking machine is ready to work. And the focal length, engraving, shape, and so on can be adjusted and switched according to the different marking products. You don’t need to move the workpiece many times.
- Engraving effect: 3D laser coding can increase the impact and efficiency of a deep engraving. It will not affect the change of laser energy on the actual surface because of the change of laser focus in the process of engraving. At the same time, it can achieve the consistency of marking on different layers and solve the defect that 2D laser marking mode needs to be processed on the same plane. Some three-dimensional structure workpiece carving has excellent convenience. Because it not only reduces the process, but also improves the marking efficiency, and the marking effect is exquisite and beautiful.
- Engraving surface: Not all products are flat. There are many irregular surfaces such as curved surface, inclined surface, and spherical surface. The 2D laser printer cannot cope with this situation very well, especially for some irregular and highly differentiated products. Engraving surface is the advantage of the 3D laser printer. It can achieve a complete one-time marking within a specific radian range, significantly improving the efficiency of processing for businesses, and also to attain creative relief sculpture.
- Engraving color: We usually choose the jet printer for printing because ink color can be selected. Now, the 3D laser is no exception, which can achieve the black and white marking effect, and also makes multi-color marking effect, to meet the needs of different customers. For example, alumina is usually used to blacken metal surface, which increases the role of 3D laser marking machine in the marking industry.
- Solve the problem that the lens cannot maintain on the same focal plane: in the past, because of the lens, the marking surface cannot be kept on the same focal plane, and the size of the spot in the center and the edge of the marking area will be different. 3D series uses three-axis control to solve this problem so that all the engraved surfaces are kept in the same situation, and the whole engraved surface is uniform.
Taste Laser, a professional expert in laser marking machine producing, is the market leader in 3-axis dynamic focus technology, realizing remarkable mark quality in optical fiber, CO2 and ultraviolet laser marking system. Its product range includes CO2 laser marking machine, fiber laser marking machine, ultraviolet laser marking machine, etc. It has credible production capacity in this field.
Now you can have a careful consideration to renew your laser marking system with the 3D one. And with the Taste Laser, excellent effect could be achieved with little effort.