Different people face different exposure while having a cat. Some people are more into cuddling with cats and making them sit on their laps. On the other hand, some people are content with the cats who are unfettered and spend most of their time outside, and do not indulge much in human interaction.
Interaction with Cats
The most important thing to consider when getting a cat is that it should interact with you when you want it to be. Every cat is not the same and might not behave in the same way as other cats. It is due to the reason of its inherent personality and the way they have brought up or the experiences they have faced in the past and it might be possible that they did not face any experience in the past which can be the reason for their fearfulness and confidence with humans and life.
Environment for cats
Environment plays a crucial role where the cat is kept. For instance, if the cat is used to living with several other cats then it might be uncomfortable and stressed and will behave differently than it did when it was occupied with several other cats.
Some of the top cat breeds are listed below:
- Exotic Shorthair Cats
These cats are considered as America’s most known cats that are registered also. Exotic cats are bred according to the Persian standard in every possible way.
- Ragdoll Cats
These easy going cats just want to relax when picked up by someone and limp in their arms. Their personality resembles dogs because they are quite affectionate and often attributed as puppy-cats.
- British Shorthair
This cat breed is one of the most in-demand ones and is generally selected for appearing on TV, in books, and even in movies. This type of cat was crossbred with Persian cats resulting in changing its looks and other important attributes.
- Persian Cats
These beautiful looking cats are extremely affectionate, sweet-faced with round eyes. Their appealing attributes make them popular among other breeds of cats. These cats have always been famous and are considered charming creatures of habit.
- Maine Coon Cats
Maine coon cats are one of the former breeds in North America. They are popular for their playfulness and intelligence, also their size. Moreover, they are considered gentle giants because they have a loving nature.
Scratching facilities for cats
Since scratching causes severe damage to drapes, carpeting, and furniture so it is time to teach your cats what to scratch? And where to scratch? Try to provide your cats appealing and attractive surfaces such as scratching posts.
Following are some of the exposures you can give to your cats when it comes to scratching.
- Look for versatile scratching posts for your cats that have different attributes and surfaces. You should try those posts that are constructed of carpets, cardboard, upholstery, sisal, and wood.
Some cats are comfortable with horizontal posts while others prefer slanted or vertical posts. As soon as you find out your cat’s preference you should start searching the posts related to it and place them in different locations so that they are accessible by your cat anytime they want. Keeping in mind that every cat wants a firm and sturdy post that won’t collapse while scratching.
- Also, you should appreciate your cat to examine her particular post by scenting it with catnip, hanging rattles or toys on it, or locating it in certain places where the cat would be able to climb upon it.
- Do not encourage your cat to scratch inappropriate items which are not meant for them. Cover your desirable items with sticky tapes and turn your speakers facing the wall. Place the scratching posts near valuable items as an alternative to prevent them from being ruined by your cat.
- Clipping your cat’s nails is mandatory at any cost.
- Placing the plastic caps on your cat’s claws will work wonders as that cat won’t be able to do any damage to your precious items while scratching.
- Make sure to startle your cat by either squirting it with water or by clapping hands so the cat does not scratch any inappropriate object because of your fear.
How to care for a Cat?
There are certain ways listed below that can help you know the methods to be adopted to take care of your cat.
- Your cat needs attention, so do not forget to provide them human companionship.
- Take care of the health of your cat by providing them with suitable meals regularly with a continuous supply of fresh water.
- Maintain a neat and tidy bed for your cat so that it can give your cat immense comfort and a night of good sleep.
- Enabling your cat with outdoor access would be a great way as it would be able to empty and clean the litter tray regularly.
- Give your cat a safe and relaxing environment.
- Grooming is something very important if you own a cat, so daily grooming is to be done daily if your cat has long hair.
- Neutering is necessary when your cat is between 4 to 6 months old.
- Moreover, vaccinations should be done on a regular basis against the major feline diseases.
- Treatment for fleas should be provided on a daily basis.
- If you notice any unusual behavior in your cat then immediately take it to the vet to get rid of the problem.
- Make sure that you can easily afford or bear the expenses of your cat’s treatment if required.
Different people tend to have different cats and breeds. We have discussed everything in detail about the cats like how important it is to interact with your cats because some cats need it while others want to live there without being pampered.
Environment for the cat really matters and they are used to living in certain environments and behave differently when taken to other places.
Also, we have discussed different types of breeds in cats and their attributes and qualities.
Moreover, scratching facilities for cats must be provided to the cats to be on the safe side. And you should also know the tips and tricks to take care of your cats.
We hope that the article was clear enough to understand!