A nice cold shower after a long hectic day at work is as soothing and relaxing as it can be. It can give you a blissful hydrotherapy experience, washing away all your worries and stress. However, choosing good shower heads is not an easy job. You need to learn everything about showerheads to choose the best one for your heavenly bathing experience. It is a complex decision due to the number of factors that need to be considered before making the purchase.
Showerheads are your bathroom accessories; they help you decorate your bathroom. You need to choose from a plethora of choices based on designs, colors, and functionalities.
Here are a few tips to help you choose the best shower head :
- Keeping a budget will help you narrow down your options and allow you to choose the best possible showerhead within your price range.
- Creating a list of your requirements and limitations will help you finalize the type of showerhead you need. Whether you need a hand-held showerhead or a sliding showerhead will depend on your list of requirements. The pressure of water in your home is also a factor that you need to consider while choosing a showerhead.
- Showerheads are available in various finishes like brushed stainless, chrome, oil rubbed bronze, etc. You need to choose a type that will suit your bathroom fixtures and make it look attractive.
- If you are choosing a showerhead for your already existing bathroom fixtures, take care that it does not require complex installation. If you choose a showerhead that requires different modifications to the existing plumbing of your bathroom, it will cost you extra money.
- Choose a durable showerhead that will last you longer with its regular maintenance. Plastic showerheads can get lime buildup and cause clogging. You will need to wipe the lime accumulation from the nozzle after some time of use.
Don’t be overwhelmed with a large number of choices available in the market. Do a little research to figure out the best options that match your needs and choose the showerhead that suits your requirements and looks attractive in your bathroom.
Choosing a suitable showerhead can turn your bathroom into a luxurious hotel bathroom. There are a lot of tips that you need to keep in mind before finalizing your showerhead. We have created a complete guide to help you find your best showerhead. Here is a list of different types of showerheads to choose from.
Single Spray Showerhead
It is a traditional,budget-friendly showerhead which is most commonly used. It has an adjustable nozzle to alter the patterns of water spray that makes it easy to customize according to the user’s preference.
This showerhead can be detached from its holder, and it has a long hose, allowing users to wash hard-to-reach areas. The flexibility of this showerhead can help you give a bath to your kids or pets. It is generally wall mounted, but some hand showers are mounted on sliding bars which can be adjusted to various heights allowing access to all members of your family, including kids.
As its name suggests, this showerhead imitates rainfall, and you will be able to enjoy the feeling of rainfall in your shower. It sprays the water over a wider surface area, reducing the water pressure that hits your body. It spreads the water quantity over a large area with the flat and wide showerhead.
Dual or Multiple Showerhead
Dual or Multiple shower heads have water flowing from multiple outlets. Dual showerheads, sometimes, have a single lever. It may have a diverter valve to allow you to use only a single showerhead as and when you feel like.
It is similar to rain showerheads as it also sprays water over a large area. It reduces the chances of mildew as water flows from the ceiling. But it has certain drawbacks as it is out of reach for whenever you feel like to clean it. It does not let you target a particular area of the body for rinsing as water flows from upwards. You will not be able to rinse your body while keeping the conditioner on your hair.