Website designing can be tricky considering the fact that you are just starting out with your new business and have little to no experience. When you create your website you have to be very careful, you cannot just put some random stuff together and expect your business to grow overnight. There are professionals who are consulted for professional web design but if you don’t have that much money it’s ok. All you need to keep in mind is that your website is the first impression of your business. When a customer or an investor visits your website he or she must have a very clear idea of what services or goods you are offering and what exactly your motto is.
Website designing is one of the major types of advertising for online retailers. The website design you choose will help decide your market. In this article, we will be talking about why website designing is important for a new website, how to design a website for your new business and finally what mistakes should you avoid while doing so.
Why is web designing important for your business?
- It is the first impression that you give off to your potential market and customers, as you cannot contact them directly; your website should do the job for you and lure in customers and investors.
- In a good site, a customer should be able to find what he or she is looking for quite easily. Navigation of your website gives away an impression to your customers. Your website should have a list of labels that will lead to different pages. Thus if you don’t design a website well, you might not have enough customers.
- You have to design your website and also design a logo for your website to help people identify it. Your website name can get mixed up with a lot of other websites, it’s your trademark logo that will help customers identify your website from others.
- When you have created a website well, it somewhat creates a trust for your customers. Your customers need to trust you in order to avail of your services or products. By designing it well you are building the trust of your customers as well as building goodwill for your company and yourself.
- While building it you have to follow the reading patterns and Search Engine Optimisation rules. When you are following the rules you are making it easier for your customers to read and comprehend the material. Placing important information in the left-hand column makes the site search engine optimised.
How to design a website?
There are a lot of web design companies that will help you to design your own website but nevertheless, if you want to design your website yourself here is how you can do it. Remember to keep certain things in your mind with respect to Website Design for New Businesses and it will be perfect.
- Make clear what services or goods you are offering- You cannot hope your customers to trust you or buy from you if they have absolutely no idea what you do or what your company represents. Your website home page must have sufficient information about your idea behind the website and important information that will help your potential customers understand your website better.
- Make it easy to use- When you are creating your own website, make sure it is easy to use. Even if you are not having help from any professional, this is not something too difficult to implement. All you need to make sure is that your site can be easily navigated. Insert links or labels that you think will help your customers; also do not forget to put in a search bar.
- Follow the SEO practices- In order to make your website famous, you need to follow the search engine practices strictly. Google will give you good rankings only if it is optimised enough. Sitemaps, heading titles, title tags etc are some of the good practices that you can follow. Also inserting important information at the top left-hand corner is a classic SEO act.
- Don’t forget about the mobile web- In this age of smartphone where everything can be easily done on the go, you cannot just be contented having a website. You need to make sure that its mobile version is equally efficient and capable. Even if you do not want to invest in an app you need to have a good mobile site for your business.
- Use analytics to track- when you have finally completed designing a website don’t make it your last design, take a suggestion from your customers and make changes accordingly. You can get certain free as well as paid analytics solutions for your website. Pull out weekly reports about how your website is doing, how people are using your website etc. You will definitely notice trends or patterns in the analytics that those are going to help a lot.
Mistakes to avoid while designing your webpage
- The absence of search box- Make sure whatever you do, you positively insert a search box in your website. Even if it is not easy to use inserting a search box will be helpful.
- Disorganised homepage- Your homepage must be organised and user-friendly. If the home page itself is cluttered and messy it gives off wrong signals.
- Inconsistent interface- Once you are done with creating your webpage make sure that you do not create different pages of the same website differently. The design and interface of your website should be similar in all the pages.
- No-call-to action- If you want your website to grow and your customers to subscribe to your site all you need to do is put a call-to-action button.
- Unusual screen resolution- If you think that you are making a statement by making your resolution different, trust me that is not the case. You are going to heavily annoy your customers by putting in unusual screen resolutions.