Thunderbird works wonders for people who are employed or in the business sector by providing them with the comfort of easy emails. Mozilla Thunderbird provides you the facility to contact cross-platform clients, news clients or RSS through emails, as well as an online chat system of the software. The idea of Thunderbird came soon after Mozilla’s browser; Mozilla Firefox. This article is specified to guide you about overcoming the difficulty of reaching deleted emails in Thunderbird. A lot of times, accidentally, we tend to delete emails in bulk and let out important ones go away permanently as well which can result in a huge chaos.
Restoring emails from thunderbird is not that easy, but not as hard as well. The priority is to find those missing folders if they are accidentally deleted by you. Thanks to the email system developed by Mozilla, thunderbird recovery of emails is quite easy to handle. The deleted files or folders are never formally deleted in Thunderbird; they are marked as deleted yet can be undeleted simply by referring to the option of Troubleshooting Information. This option is available for users who haven’t compacted the Thunderbird emails. Compacting of emails means to permanently delete the files and unmark them.
Possible Causes of Thunderbird File Corruption
Corrupting of files or missing folders are common when it comes to the digital email system. There can be various reasons to understand of what can be the causes of corruption of thunderbird files and missing emails. Some of them are as follows.
- Some of the files may get damaged due to malware, which makes them invisible or unreadable when you attempt to open them.
- One of the most common causes of missing files and folders is accidental deletion. It may happen when you are selecting a bulk of files or may happen through touch-screen errors.
- Almost all the deleted files are always visible in Thunderbird. They still occupy space and can fill up the MBOX which might damage the Thunderbird emails.
Thunderbird offers you with the IMAP email services which help you in recovering your files through backup. If you have been backing up your data and files, easy recovery of emails becomes very simple and quick. However, not all the time users know about the backup. It is however a good habit to backup your data and emails in order to save yourself from losing any important documents in future.
Recovering Permanently Deleted Emails in Thunderbird
In case you have been a victim of deleting your important emails permanently by accident, there might be some way to help you with thunderbird recovery of emails. This can be done by following the steps mentioned below.
- The first step to recovering your permanently deleted emails is to select the HELP option. From there, a drop-down menu will open from which you need to click on the option for Troubleshooting information.
- Next, from this page you will follow the button to show folder which will lead you to the desired profile folder that you need from your local email system.
- When you have reached the folder, select the subfolder from which you need the files. From the subfolder, go to the profile from which you need to recover your emails from.
- The last step is to go to the folder for inbox and then click on the option to edit with notepad. Here, you have the option to read all emails in the form of text messages that include all the deleted and non-deleted messages! To make the process easier, you read through the text messages and then type an email which starts with the word from; followed by replacing the X-Mozilla-Status.
Recovering Emails from Trash
Recovering emails from Thunderbird’s trash folder is comparatively easier. This can be done by repairing the errors directly from the folder for all email trash.
First, you have to log into your account and select the Trash option and then look for the email you require. When you have found it, you can right-click on the email and select the option to move it into another location or simply restore it to the thunderbird recovery emails. The repairing feature which is provided by Thunderbird for correcting corrupted emails is in simple steps as well.
For this, you have to open the Mozilla thunderbird first and select options of the folder where all the damaged files or folders are. You can do this by right clicking on the folder. From here, you can select the drop-down menu for Properties Option and follow to select the general information tag. Select the repair folder and click on the OK option
Click on the repair folder and select OK. This will enable you to look into all the data that has been repaired right in your inbox, thanks to thunderbird recovery.
All the manual methods involved in the thunderbird recovery for emails can only provide you with backed up information for limited data. Usually, the range is about 2 GB, however which can be set to some extent mire as well. Remember that corrupted data cannot be recovered in the process, which is why, sometimes the clients go for automated solutions instead of manual processing. Usually, the way to solve this issue is the intervention of a third-party tool for instance, the Thunderbird Email Recovery.
Recovering emails on Mozilla Thunderbird can be very hectic if the client is doing it manually. Manual processing comes with a few drawbacks because it can again cause you to lose the data forever in case of a mistake. Automizing the recovery process is a good option as it minimizes the risk of deletion of emails. Remember to pick out the best possible option for you. It is always good to review the emails before you delete them permanently, so that you do not have to deal with the hectic task of recovering emails. However, in case it happens accidentally, thunderbird recovery process is at your service.