We all know setting up a home studio is not an easy task. There are hundreds of things you need to focus on for having a professional studio like audio interface, microphone, etc. Without a doubt, a microphone doesn’t get the attention and credit it deserves.
Not many performers or musicians know the importance of a good microphone stand. A quality microphone stand can have a significant impact on your performance. With the help of a quality mic stand, you can rest assured your expensive mic is safe and will not fall.
Are you in search of a good microphone stand? There are so many choices available on the market; this makes it a challenging task. So, without proper knowledge, you cannot choose the right mic stand.
In this post, I have created a guide for you to pick the right stand for your needs.
Types of Microphone Stands
The mic stands can be categorized into different types. Some of them are as follows:
- Overhead Stands- this one is the most expensive and largest microphone stands. It is mostly used when you need extreme angles and heights. The overhead stands are perfect to be used with drum overheads.
- Round Base Stands
- Tripod Stands
- Desktop Stands- it is great for bedroom recording and podcasting.
- Tripod Boom Stands- this microphone stand has a better reach instead of a standard tripod stand.
- Low-Profile Stands- this type of mic stand is used for guitar cabs and kick drums.
The next thing you need to pay attention to is the height range. In order to determine the height range, you have to focus on your needs. Whether you will be just playing an instrument or will you be singing as well. For instance, you will be signing and playing an instrument. You will be needing a stand with adjustable height.
So, you should get a microphone stand that is in accordance with your requirements.
Vex Stands offer you a wonderful opportunity to have custom mic stands to make sure they are perfect for your needs.
Weight of the Stand
Another factor you must consider is the weight. For those who don’t know, the weight of the mic stand has a key role to play in the sturdiness and durability. If you get a lightweight mic stand, it will not be able to hold heavy microphones.
Thus, it is advised to pay attention to the material, weight, and durability of the microphone stand
The base of the mic stand is a crucial factor that you need to consider. Microphone stands have two types of bases: solid and tripod.
The solid base has a flat, and round or sometimes, a square base. The stand is located in the middle of the base. This type of base is heavy but not so wide. A solid base is ideal for singing and nothing else.
While a tripod has a three-pronged base similar to a camera tripod. A tripod base will be the right choice if you want to add a guitar to a song. You can go for a tripod base if you want the sound of the instrument to shine through.
As the name suggests, mic stands are used for holding microphones. Nonetheless, a mic stand is a functional equipment offering other benefits as well. You can different accessories to add more functionality to your microphone stand.
- Boom arms- you can attach boom arms to your mic stand. It will allow you to transform the existing mic stand into a multiple mic stand. A great thing about this accessory is that you can attach it to any point on the stand.
- Cup holders- this is an excellent accessory to add to your stand. It might be useful for situations where you might be performing continuously. A cup holder will come in handy to hold a cup of coffee or a water bottle. In this way, you can stay hydrated.
- Pop filters- when you are recording vocals, you will need pop filters for maintaining the quality of the song. With the help of pop filters, you can protect the sound from plosives. That’s why a pop filter is an essential accessory to add to your mic stand.
Compatibility of Mic Stand
This is the most important factor to consider. When you are buying a quality mic stand, you have to make sure it is compatible with your microphone. This is because there are hundreds, if not thousands, of microphone stands. Since not all the stands are made equal, one mic stand will not be suitable for everyone. The best mic stand for you might not be the best choice for others.
So, it is essential to check the compatibility of the microphone stand.
If you need a mic stand for your house studio, it is not necessary to focus on portability. In case you will be performing at different venues, you will need a portable mic stand. This will allow you to easily carry it around without any hassle.
Keep in mind that you should not compromise on the durability of the mic stand. It should be both, durable and portable.
Therefore, I hope this guide will help you choose the best mic stand for your studio. A high-quality mic stand is crucial for providing an exceptional sound experience. You will have to choose the right type of mic stand to get the best out of it. Durability and portability of the stand are important factors that you should not ignore.
When you are looking for the best mic stands, VEX Stands offers top-quality and durable mic stands to meet every requirement and budget. All the performers can provide an excellent experience for their audience. With the help of this mic stand, you can create a strong bond with your audience, and eventually, with your audience. You can rely on our mic stands for years to come. For more details, kindly get in touch with our customer support expert.
Do you have any other tips for picking out the best mic stand? Let us know in the comments below.