As the TikTok platform is becoming more popular, many brands reflect on how the platform shapes relevant cultures and conversations and want to take the opportunity to create awareness. TikTok will have many new updates in 2020. TikTok is one of the fastest growing platforms and currently has 500 million active users worldwide. TikTok goes beyond popular platforms like LinkedIn, SnapChat, Instagram and Twitter. In comparison, it took six years for Instagram to reach the number of active users it ticked off. TikTok has been downloaded on Google Play and App Store more than 1.5 billion times.
Launched in 2016, TikTok is a video platform where people get to share and edit video. It has since made an amazing following and is used in over 150 countries around the globe. The TikTok trend has taken the younger generation by a storm. To gain insight into why most influencers and promoters are using TikTok, it is crucial to keep in mind that the majority of TikTok users tend to be the younger generation. With such rapid growth, TikTok offers many opportunities for your brand in today’s digital age. This post looks at how you can use TikTok to promote your brand.
- Understand How It Works
In order to utilize TikTok to promote your brand, you need to first understand how it works. When you use TikTok, there are two main sections that will come up. These are the “Following” page and the “For You” page. When you first open the app, you will be taken to the “For You” page. This page features videos from top creators and those that are trending. Once you start to explore the app and follow others, you will come across more content. Now, what makes the app a vital tool for marketing is that there is no need to follow anyone. Use the app to make your way to the Discover page and go through many of the hashtag challenges to create videos that will promote your brand in the best way possible.
- Posting Ads On TikTok
TikTok is a great platform for paid advertising. If you want to reach more viewers and potential customers, you need to invest in digital marketing. When it comes to TikTok, there are four main types of ad forms that can be used. These are mentioned below.
- In-Feed Native Content: Each video that you create for TikTok can only last 9 to 15 seconds. Therefore, if you want to make in-feed native videos, they also need to be 9 to 15 seconds long. Your content would be displayed on the full screen similar to how ads are displayed on Instagram stories. They can be skipped by users. These ads support multiple features like app downloads and website clicks. You can easily learn about the impact your video has made by checking the number of video interactions, play duration, video views, CTR, impressions, and clicks.
- Brand Takeovers: This is a popular ad category which is commonly used by various brands. It allows you to make use of videos, animated GIFs, and images. Embedded links may be connected to different landing pages or to hashtags and challenges on the platform. Keep in mind that brand takeovers are limited to just a brand a day. The category provides clicks, unique reach, and impressions.
- Hashtag Challenge: It is a type of ad which is used by brands that want to use promoted hashtags. For this category, there will a link in the hashtag challenge and it would direct users to the challenge in order for them to see the featured instructions and challenge details. Some of the ways to measure hashtag challenges include similar user-generated videos, banner views, clicks, and video interaction.
- Branded Lenses: TikTok is always on the lookout for ways to make the app much more exciting and engaging. The app offers branded lenses to offer something unique to users. The aim of this feature/ type of ad is to provide an all-immersive experience to users.
- Promote User Interaction
The main objective of marketers when using TikTok is to boost interaction and user participation. For instance, companies can encourage users can do challenges such as a hashtag challenge for increasing user interaction. The best way to take advantage of TikTok for promoting your brand is by offering a completely unique perspective to users in order for them to interact with company content without being forced to do so.
- Create Content That Is Creative, Unique, And Fun
If you want users to get involved with your brand, you need to create content that is creative, unique, and fun. Influencer marketers know the importance of creating unique content. They know that it is not about highly-polished content but rather about creativity. Moreover, originality is crucial for boosting your brand. TikTok users prefer content that is silly and corny instead of something forced or fake. The best way to create the best content is by learning from user reaction.
- Leveraging Branded Hashtag Challenges
Branded hashtag challenges are an important part of TikTok and the community as a whole. The most effective way to get users involved in your brand is by leveraging hashtag challenges. There are many types of hashtag challenges that you can create for reaching a wider audience. Take advantage of the popular hashtag challenges to actualize the true potential of TikTok for your brand. The goal should be to recreate and iterate videos with new and unique ideas. By incorporating the right branded hashtag challenge, you can take your business to new heights. It is very simple for people interested in the challenge to participate.
When it comes to influencer marketing, TikTok is an essential tool. By using the above mentioned tips, you will be able to take advantage of one of the fastest growing social media platform. Although you can always opt for paid promotions, you can still get a lot out of organic content. Moreover, you can also buy TikTok followers to boost your TikTok performance.