Getting a puppy might seem like all fun and games. A puppy is a cute little bundle of joy that one gets to snuggle, play with and spend time with. However, what if things could go wrong such as in case you forget that they would use their puppy teeth chewing on just about everything that they come into contact with.
This is where chew toys come into place. Every new pet parent knows the importance of a puppy chew toy as it helps take care of teething puppies, which have just gotten their sharp teeth. Now, the amount of toys that are available can make it overwhelming to choose ones which suit your puppy. This post has been written to help new parents choose the puppy chew toys that they need.
Kong Puppy Chew Toys
One of the most well-known brands for puppy chew toys that are known for its durability is Kong. It is a rubber dog toy which is capable of enduring years of tough chewing. Although, it happens occasionally, it is quite rare to see this toy in pieces. The only thing that you need to ensure is that the size of the toy is big enough for the dog and that it is not too big that the puppy ends up swallowing it.
- Made in the USA
- Dogs can chew it unsupervised.
- It can even be frozen to provide cooling effects to the gums of your puppy.
- Has an unpredictable bounce every time it hits onto the floor which keeps puppies guessing.
- May be used for a game of fetch as it is interactive.
- The center hold may be filled with peanut butter or treats to entice chewing of the chew toy, instead of any other object.
- It is safe for even the most aggressive of chewers as it is made of tough rubber.
- Some puppies might find it boring once they get tired of playing with it.
Ring Bone – Nylabone
This chew has the extra benefit of multiple textures which makes it a fun chew toy that puppies can’t seem to get enough fun of. It gives your puppy with different surfaces to chew on. It is durable and can withstand even the most aggressive chewers.
The ring gives it a rope-like feel and does not pose any dangers of ingesting the fibers. It even makes cute noise whenever the puppy shakes it, which only adds the excitement.
- The raised bristles help clean teeth.
- Soft material
- Dogs might lose interest.
Teething Ring Pack of 6 – N Bone
Unlike other chew toys, these do not last as long but they bring the benefit of puppies actually succeeding in their natural predation instinct and actually eating this item. A lot of chewing is required to ingest them and they help satisfy the urge to eat.
- Contains DHA Omega 3
- Has calcium
- Does not last as long