Every teenage girl and adult woman, if not everyone on the entire planet, is aware of the societal and cultural pressures attached to the physical appearance of a woman. Now that beauty is considered almost everything, and is put on such a pedestal, it just plays a stronger role in contributing to the self-esteem and confidence issues many people seem to have these days. People are so much more conscious about how many rolls they have on their tummies, how prominent the bags under their eyes are, how skinny or chubby their legs are, and so much more.
The increase of these self-esteem issues in women has led to a gradual rise in cosmetic services such as surgeries for reductions and enhancements, all over the world. One of these services provided by MedSpa NYC is liposuction.
WHAT IS LIPOSUCTION?
Liposuction is a cosmetic procedure in which the human body is contoured in a way that all of the unwanted fat on the body is removed through a series of surgical operations. Once this body-contouring procedure is performed and completed, the results are almost always astounding because the proper proportions of the body are brought back to it as a result of eliminating all of the stubborn fat.
HOW IS THE PROCEDURE PERFOMED?
In the procedure of liposuction, the excess fat of the body, especially in the bothersome and localized areas is suctioned out through tubes. Contrary to popular belief, this procedure should not be considered a replacement or an alternative for diets, exercise, weight loss or even obesity. Liposuction should only be performed on people who have failed miserably in losing the excess fat of their bodies through strict diets and routines of exercise and diets.
Before starting the body-contouring procedure, the surgeon in charge of your surgery will most probably mark various areas of your body which are to be eliminated. With your consent, the doctor will also capture pictures so that they can see the before-and-after results.
During the procedure, you will either be under the influence of general or local anesthesia, in which the former ensures that you are unconscious throughout the surgery and the latter lets you stay awake during the procedure, but you will not be experiencing any sensations of pain.
If you are getting a liposuction surgery, it most probably will take place at a doctor’s office or a clinic. It can also happen at a surgery center. Before you sign up for a surgery, you need to ensure that the place and surgeon you have chosen for your surgery are both well-known and accredited for their services. They should be known for their professional good results, safety and standards.
The best institutions that provide this service usually do it by making use of the newest innovations, inventions and advancements in the industry, which lead to much smoother results. The patient usually recovers very quickly, and some are even offered the additional advantage of their skin being tightened and firmed.
This is not a major procedure, which means that most probably, you will have to stay in the hospital only for a day. Unless you are getting a large amount of fat surgically removed during the procedure, you should be able to go home on your own. If this is the case, you should bring along a partner who can drive you after you are done.
WHERE CAN LIPOSUCTION BE PERFOMED ON THE BODY?
A professional dermatologic or a plastic surgeon can usually perform liposuction surgery on your belly, abdomen, love handles, buttocks, lower legs, upper arms, face, neck, hips, inner and outer thighs and even your back and gynecomastia, which is also known as the male breast, in order to improve the way they look and even improve their shape.
But, a great thing about the process of liposuction is that it can be performed along with other similar plastic surgery operations such as tummy ticks, facelifts and even breast reductions, etc.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KEEP IN MIND BEFORE MAKING AN APPOINTMENT:
Here is a list of things you should know about liposuction before getting involved:
- Please have realistic expectations when it comes to the results of the surgical procedure. Liposuction does not get rid of things such as cellulite and stretch marks, so it is better to not expect or have any hope of emerging without cellulite from the surgery.
- Even if it doesn’t sound as serious as most procedures, liposuction is still a severe surgical procedure, and that means that it comes with a great number of risks. In order for your doctor to operate on you and give you optimum results, it is crucial that you are in ideal health before the surgery. Here, good health means that you should be within at least 30% of the weight you are striving for.
- It is ideal to have firm, elastic skin before getting operated on.
- Try not to have a habit of smoking if you are planning on getting a liposuction, as it is not recommended by doctors.
- The best thing about getting a liposuction is that in most cases, you can get rid of the fat in one place and then, making use of special techniques and strategies such as laser–assisted liposuction, use that removed fat and re-insert it into the body in whichever area you want. This process is called fat transfer.
- There is a low possibility of the fat you have gotten removed actually returning on the off chance that you are maintaining a proper exercise and diet routine, after the surgery. If you do this, there is a high chance that the results you have achieved will last for a long time, if not forever, and will not be affected by other factors.
- Unfortunately, if you gain a lot of weight and fat after the liposuction procedure, you should expect your whole body to experience this weight gain including the treated area.
Thus, it is important that you take the procedure seriously. Go get your liposuction from MedSpa NYC today!