Why Solar Energy is Great
October 5, 2018
Since the demand for sustainable methods of living has increased, many people around the world are choosing to take advantage of solar energy. However, what is so good about solar energy? Apart from it being a sustainable method of energy, there exist many other crucial and compelling reasons to use solar energy. Here are a few reasons why solar energy is so great:
- Choosing to use solar energy as your main source of power will mean that you will directly be contributing to the protection and safety of the environment. Solar energy is completely environmentally friendly. Mostly because it uses natural resources to generate energy! The term ‘solar energy’ literally means energy extracted from the sun and the sun is a never ending source of energy. It doesn’t emit any greenhouse gases and does not pollute the environment in any way.
- Solar energy is a great source of getting cheap electricity. The electricity which is usually provided to you is made from sources which are non-renewable. Meaning that they currently exist in a very finite amount. Moreover, these fossil fuels produce a great amount of pollution and greenhouse gases. Which is why solar electricity is a great alternate. The electricity costs are cheaper than that of electricity produced by fossil fuels. Moreover, there will be no fluctuations in electricity.
- Electricity which is produced with fossils fuels are transported to the consumers via long distance transmissions. These long distance transmissions often cause power loss for hours at end. Solar panels on the other hand are connected to your roof. Electricity efficiency is a result of the solar panels being so closely connected. Moreover, you are in charge of your own electricity bills. You only have to pay once for the solar panels and, since the solar panels are quite durable, they can last you a lifetime.
- Solar energy increases electricity grid security. The chances of a black out are greatly reduced when solar energy is used.
- Solar energy also grows the national economy. As more and more people opt for solar energy, this gives people the chance to manufacture and sell solar panels. Moreover, experienced employees will be required to install the solar panels which will create more job opportunities.
- The sun is a constant source of energy. There is no chance that sunlight will ever be monopolised. Which is why solar energy is a great way to save money.
- Fossil fuels have to be mined, excavated and transported before they are used to make electricity. Mining and too much excavation causes the land they are found on to be badly eroded and it can affect the ecology in a detrimental way. Whereas since solar energy is produced by sunlight, none of these are the side effects. Sunlight is available everywhere and it can easily be converted into solar energy wherever a solar panel is installed.
Solar energy has its benefits. However, there also exist disadvantages of using solar energy. To make an informed decision, check out this website about solar energy pros and cons.