There are many memory foam mattresses currently on the market today and the different brands to choose from can be overwhelming.
What is Memory Foam?
The best memory foam mattresses are produced from polyurethane foam or low resilience polyurethane foam. The mattress is made with higher density memory foam that softens with body heat and allows the foam to mold to the body in minutes. This type of mattress quickly recovers to its original shape after the weight has been removed. There are several memory foam products available in the market and these mattresses are sold at higher prices than traditional mattresses. Foam mattresses are often measured by their indentation force deflection. Each mattress can have a soft or firm feel and each has its own indentation force deflection rating. A foam mattress with a higher deflection rating will feel firmer if compressed.
The benefits of foam mattress:
- It supports Pressure Points in your body. Traditional mattresses can cause strain on body pressure points resulting in pain, discomfort, and lack of a good night’s sleep.
- Better sleep. Because these mattresses provide such good support, you are able to sleep better.
- Memory foam mattresses are suitable for people with mobility issues which is great for reducing the occurrence of pressure or bed sores from being in bed for too long.
- Relieves Pain generated from the pressure points on the body. Shoulder, back, leg and hip pain is reduced or even eliminated.
- Memory foam mattresses tend to last longer than traditional mattresses. Depending on the usage.
- Standard mattresses use different stuffing of which some people might be allergic to. Memory foam, on the other hand, is hypo-allergenic making it a good choice for those with allergies. Also, they are dust mite resistant for people allergic to dust mites.
- Temperature; most memory foam mattresses tend to stay cool.
- Adjusts With You. Many people move around when they sleep. This kind of mattress moves with you adjusting the pressure point support as needed.
That said buying a new mattress is no small purchase and depending on the brand type and features, there are people who spend a lot of money on them.
However, you do not have to pay exorbitant prices to sleep comfortably, but given how much time you will spend in bed and the longevity of some high-end mattresses, they can certainly be worthy investments.
So when it comes to choosing the best foam mattress it really just comes down to personal preferences and where you buy it. Check out the best cheap memory foam mattress.