The key to success on any social media network is to understand the algorithm (within reason) and the key metrics that influence it. This will vary depending on the social network, so it’s important to understand the networks you’ve chosen to use within your marketing strategy.
When it comes to Instagram, comments, likes, shares, and mentions are all important. Followers, however, are king. If you want your brand (be it personal or otherwise) to grow and be successful, you need a high number of followers.
The issue is though that you might not want to follow everyone who follows. So, how can you grow your account without filling your feed with strangers? In this article, we’ll explore our top tips to help you grow your followers without following everyone back.
How to Increase Followers On Instagram Without Following?
Post Regular Content
This may seem obvious, but it’s easy to forget. If your posts aren’t regular, you won’t perform as well in the eyes of the algorithm, and you won’t attract as many followers. The longer your content sits on the platform, the less it will be viewed, so it’s important to stay relevant.
To help with this, we recommend creating a content planner to help you keep your posts more frequent. Another tip is to ensure that you’re posting at the correct time of day so that your audience – and potential new followers – don’t miss your great content.
Use Your Website to Drive Traffic
This is one of the simplest steps to getting more followers without following people back. The people visiting your website will likely be a part of your target audience, so why not drive them to your Instagram account? You can do this by adding a button or icon saying “follow me/us on Instagram”.
Other spaces you can add a similar prompt to are:
- Your accounts on other networks such as Twitter or Facebook.
- Add a link to your email signature.
Use the FLC Strategy
The FLC strategy, or loop, is a simple method used to grow your followers. It requires a small amount of effort on your part but can reap great rewards.
- Start by compiling a list of users on the platform that have similar interests to you. There are a number of ways you can do this, such as looking at the followers of an influencer or checking a relevant hashtag.
- Find and follow 8 accounts that fit with the demographic of your ideal follower. Ensure that these accounts have at least 500 followers themselves. This means they are active and popular accounts.
- Pick four of these profiles and review their content. Find 1-3 posts you like and make an original comment that adds value.
- With the remaining profiles, like 3-4 of their posts using the double tao feature.
- Repeat steps 2-4 a few times a day when people are most active on the platform.
This process builds positive awareness of your profile amongst the followers of the accounts that you’ve engaged with and encourages them to follow your account. This is a way of generating free exposure over time that will increase your followers.
Mention Relevant Influencers
Influencers are a powerful tool that can be used to grow your followers. The key is to choose influencers that are relevant to your brand and mention them in a meaningful piece of content. Simply doing it for the sake of mentioning them will come across as spammy, and have the opposite effect to what you intended.
When you want to promote or discuss something relevant to the influencer you’ve targeted, simply tag them, and then you will be visible to their audience are likely to follow you.
Run a Contest
Everyone loves a winner! Contests are a great way to drive engagement on our account and boost your following. We only recommend using this tactic if you have a minimum of 1000 followers, and to only do so infrequently.
- Set up: Select a prize and determine the rules of your contest. Make sure the prize is worthwhile (like a free product) and that the rules are clear. Lastly, create a hashtag for the event.
- Promote: Once you’ve set everything up, it’s to promote your contest to as many people as possible, and share the conditions of entry in your story and in a post. Make sure to include things like “follow my account to enter” and “1x tagged friend = 1x additional entry”. These tactics are great for boosting your followers.
- Follow Through: Once the contest has been completed, announce the winner publicly and send them their prize. This shows you’re trustworthy and will encourage more participation in any future contests.
Use Relevant Hashtags
Hashtags play a big role in the performance of your content in the algorithm. Using the right tags will push your content to your target market and increase your followers. We recommend using 15-30 relevant hashtags per post.
Use Ig Stories and Reels
Ig Stories and Reels are fun and engaging – so it’s no surprise that they are fast becoming the most popular content on the platform.
Make sure that you are creating this content on a regular basis, and tagging influencers and inviting your audience to engage with you by asking them questions and using other engagement tactics.
Buy Instagram Followers
Of all the tips we’ve mentioned so far, we’ve saved the best till last. The most effective and efficient method to get followers without following anyone back is to buy them from Media Mister. Through Media Mister, you can buy Instagram followers to increase your overall engagement and dramatically boost the performance of your Instagram account.
Our services give you exclusive access to our network of real users from different countries all over the world. Media Mister has delivered millions of Instagram followers and has satisfied over 10,000 happy customers in the process.
There you have it, all the best tips and tricks to get more followers on Instagram without following anyone back!
Author : Johny Walker
Johny Walker is a Social Media Expert and Web Traffic Consultant for over 10 years. In 2012 he launched Media Mister, a Social Media Marketing Company which is helping businesses to get social presence at an affordable price.