One of the most frequently asked questions about weight loss is “How to lose weight in a month”.
Many people want this magic recipe, this pill that makes them thin, toned. Unfortunately there is no magic formula, there is no magic device, let alone a magic pill. If someone told you otherwise, they lied to you!
In my few years of experience in this area of fitness and nutrition, I have learned many tips or changes that can help you get the body you want, but let me tell you that what is most needed is dedication.
Unless you really commit to healthy eating and a better life, you won’t accomplish much.
To lose weight, you have to change your mind, forget what you have done day after day, year after year. You should be prepared to change the way you eat and the way you eat and your little or no physical activity, but especially your motivation.
Motivation must be one of your main pillars and even if your friends and family don’t support you, you need to be even more motivated.
You have control over your life and your results and no one else.
You can do anything if you put your mind to it. Wanting is power!
Once you are determined to change once and for all, I recommend that you follow these steps. The more you get, the better your results will be, so don’t settle for just a few, aim to reach ALL of them little by little!
How to lose weight in a month (in 10 steps)
1. less sweet. Not only do I mean stop consuming sugar, but I mean any product that contains sugar or high fructose corn syrup in its factory or preparation.
From now on, for every product you buy, look at the ingredients, whether they contain sugar or HFCS, look for another option. Examples: ice cream, cookies, cereals, chocolates, soft drinks, juices (even if they say they are 100% natural), cocktails, etc. The list is endless.
If you want to sweeten something, it is better to use natural bee honey or a product called Stevia, it is a super low calorie natural sweetener that you can use to sweeten anything (and it tastes good), the good thing is that it lasts a lot since a very small amount softens a lot.
2. Reduce refined flour. If you like pasta, white rice and white bread, choose to eat them whole grain, the fibre they contain will do you much more good in your fight to lose weight.
For all other normal flour products, forget them. Examples: Cakes, cookies, muffins, breaded foods, pancakes, some white sauces, etc.
If you want to make bread, I recommend you make a mixture of oat bran (fiber) with nut powder (healthy fat), this option is 100 times better.
3. Avoid fried or re-fried foods as much as possible. Clear example: French fries or onion rings. Most commercial and household oils, such as vegetable oils, are super unhealthy and high in calories, so choose oils like coconut or olive oil.
When avoiding fried foods, look for a better option like boiled, steamed, baked or grilled, the goal here is to get as far away from the oil as possible.
4. Avoid processed foods. It is now fashionable to sell ready meals that only require microwave heating.
Imagine how many toxins it took to keep these products in “good” condition, not to mention the amount of sweeteners and oil used in their manufacture. Another example is mashed potato powder or many fast food products.
5. Homemade is better. Try to eat as much food as possible in your home or the food you have prepared yourself and continue to eat outside as little as possible. You will get better results if you apply all these rules yourself instead of putting yourself in danger under someone else’s spoon.
And if you eat out, apply these rules to stay fit.
6. Eat 5 to 6 times a day in equal amounts and less than usual. Eating smaller amounts more often helps keep our metabolism more active, helping us burn fat and avoid the ballooning that large meals cause. NEVER skip breakfast!
7. Eat chicken, fish, meat, pork and eggs without fear. All these options in their natural form are extremely high sources of protein, which helps us rebuild our affected muscle tissues during training routines.
If you are vegetarian, look for other sources of protein such as beans, lentils, vanilla beans, chickpeas, green beans, etc. Include in your diet also healthy fats like those found in avocado, peanuts, nuts, olive oil, and Omega 3 capsules in your diet.
8. Colour your nutrition. Mix vegetables, fruit, cereals, meat and other foods to make them rich in vitamins, protein, carbohydrates and natural fats. Eating fruits and vegetables every day is a key factor in weight loss. All this goes back to rule #1 for a healthy diet.
9. Exercise 2 or 3 times a week. You can start walking, jogging, running, biking, skating, climbing or going down stairs… it’s your choice!
Our body has to endure a certain pressure, we have to take it out of the trailer to which it has been accustomed for so long and say to it: “From now on, I am in command! If you feel that it requires superhuman effort, it is normal; you must fight at all costs.
If you do no physical activity, your body will be used to this and for nothing in the world it will want to change its way of being, so you have to force it until it gets used to it, again, you have to show it who is in charge now. Start slowly and work your way up.
10. Lift weights! Whether you’re already physically active or not, there’s more to do: Do weight-bearing exercises.
Many people believe that by lifting weights, they will deform their bodies, fill them with ugly muscles or fill them with balloons, ignoring one of the best ways to burn fat: creating muscle, which will accelerate your metabolism for many hours, promoting fat burning.
There, you have that miracle recipe. These are the 10 basic steps that I believe and my experience with my clients should develop to be able to lose weight in a month and beyond.
I recommend that you do one or two at a time for a period of 15 to 21 days, then add two more.
This will help you lose weight healthily and not have the discouraging effect that you might fear!.