If you are constantly suffering from anxiety or panic attacks, do yourself a big favor and DO NOT USE pills, instead take the following natural remedies and means to relieve your anxiety and apply them the next time you have an episode of these.
Little by little, you will be able to space these moments until they are no longer a problem for you.
10 effective ways to calm anxiety
1. Stretching. Every night before bedtime, take 5 to 10 minutes to stretch. When you stretch your body, you reduce tension in your muscles and back. You will feel calmer and more relaxed instantly (and this will help you sleep better while you’re at it).
You can also do stretching exercises during the day, not necessarily at night. These exercises will help you improve circulation and prevent injuries, I’m sure you have 5 minutes to do it, right?
2. Drink green tea. Green tea contains an amino acid called L-Theanine which promotes relaxation and modifies the stimulating effects of caffeine in green tea. And since green tea contains more theanine than other teas, it is the best choice.
In addition, green tea contains a large amount of antioxidants that will help you live a healthier and longer life. Take a cup in the morning to help you start relaxed and not nervous.
3. Breathing exercises. When the anxiety of the attack, stop for a moment, close your eyes and focus on your breathing. Breathe slowly and slowly, inhale through your nose and exhale through your mouth. Feel your diaphragm move and extend your abdomen as you inhale.
Feel the stress and anxiety move away from your body once and for all. Each breath should take about 6 seconds, 3 seconds to inhale and 3 seconds to exhale. Take about 10 breaths like this, count to 10 slowly and open your eyes, you will feel more relaxed.
4. Take a hot bath. If you can get it in a much better tub. Light candles, play relaxing music and let your muscles relax.
You have your own spa in your bathroom, enjoy it and use it to your advantage. There are also soaps, shampoos and special creams that can make this experience even more relaxing for you.
5. Exercise. You didn’t think I’d forget, did you? Cardiovascular exercise (such as running or cycling) and weight lifting are excellent ways to relieve anxiety. If you have already exercised continuously, you know that in the end you feel good and in harmony with yourself. If you don’t, it’s time you started.
By exercising, you balance your negative thoughts with the positive feeling that you are getting closer to your goal of feeling better about yourself, not only physically but also mentally, so put on your tennis shoes and go running!
6. Chocolate. If you are anxious to eat something sweet, always keep some dark chocolate or natural cocoa close at hand. I repeat, dark chocolate. Now, it’s very common to find chocolate bars that contain 50% to 90% pure chocolate, so try to have one handy (70% is good).
One of the advantages of chocolate is that it releases phenylethylamine into the brain, which causes changes in blood pressure and sugar levels, causing a feeling of excitement and alertness in the body. This is the effect that will make you less anxious.
7. Go for a walk. A good way to clear up and relax your mind is to leave what you’re doing lying around and go for a walk, even if it’s 10 minutes. Much better if you have a beautiful view around you like mountains, a river, a park or a forest. For example, go to green events in Hampshire.
As you walk, try to calm down and focus on your steps and breathing. Focus on each breath and let your thoughts come out of your mind as you go. If you think a little music can help, do it, it’s good company.
8. Extra food. One way to keep your body in peace and in control when you are on a diet is to include one or two cheating meals at the end of the week. This means that if you eat healthy throughout the week, at the end of the week, you choose one or two meals and eat something from your diet, for example, a glass of ice cream or a few slices of pizza.
This will allow your body to find some peace and in the same way you will know that you are not depriving yourself of your favorite foods, you simply postpone them to the end of the week as a reward.
9. Listen to music. Listening to your favourite music is one of the best ways to escape the world around you and the worries that haunt you. Relax, lie down and play the kind of music you like and relax.
Personally, when I feel stressed or anxious, there’s nothing better for me than reggae roots. What I do is put on my hit Bob Marley record and let myself relax a bit, even if I’m not home, it helps me a lot. But in the end, it’s your choice, enjoy your music and have fun.
10. Use effective program techniques. When anxiety and the terrible urge to devour everything in front of you attacks you, you can feel bad. If you think you are one of these people with a difficult case to treat, it is recommended to use step-by-step techniques to tackle the problem at its root.
It is this step-by-step implementation technique, which is very effective for my nutrition clients, and which I recommend you follow if you want to achieve significant change in your body and health.
With this technique, you can eliminate your anxiety problems by improving your eating problems and developing healthy habits week after week.
In the end, not only will you get rid of your anxiety attacks, but you will also lose weight!
Less anxiety + Less weight = More energy, more peace, more happiness. 🙂