Instagram became almost the most popular social media during recent years and you can’t really say that you are present on social media if you do not have an Instagram profile.
However, if you want to use it for yourself it doesn’t matter which way you will present and how many followers you will have. But if you want to build an audience to follow your posts you will have to dive deeply into how it works and which are the best ways to reach more audience to follow your posts.
One of the best ways to attract followers and build up your audience is using hashtags. This is the main principle of how Instagram works and how you will present yourself in front of a wide audience using Instagram.
What are hashtags?
A simple word following your pictures written after the symbol #. But it doesn’t necessarily mean that if you put random words it will draw the audience.
It just simply means that you have to know how to use them in order not to annoy your followers and to attract new ones. Although it seems very easy it is sometimes exhausting and hard work especially if you are a beginner. You will have to find some solution and start learning. Luckily some tools will help you throughout the process and do the job for you.
One of the best is Task Ant. It does all the job that you have to do from the beginning till the end- find the best hashtags, organize them, show you how to use them, measure the performance, track competitors, and much more.
What are the most important things to know about Instagram and hashtags?
The number of hashtags on the post-Instagram allows you to use about 30 hashtags, but it doesn’t mean that you have to put all the possible. Sometimes “less is more” and the average number of hashtags usually varies from 3-5.
- Choosing the right hashtags-If you are a beginner in using Instagram and the hashtags seem like ordinary words then you are wrong. They are clickable and they will get you to the different posts that contain the same hashtag. So, if you put a picture of your new designed jeans for example, and put #love it will draw the audience that is not interested in jeans and maybe interested in dating for example.
- Study your competitors and their posts as well as top influencers– to know what are your competitors posting is always a good idea and to be familiar with the recent news regarding your business. This way you will be able to use the best hashtags related to your company.
- Study trendy hashtags– by knowing the trendy hashtags you will be able to use them for your benefit and to use them to tie them to your business.
- Using the relevant hashtags– using words to show your post in the right way and unique for your business is a smart option. For example, if you are selling eye shadows and put #make-up, your post will be lost in millions of others. But #womaneyeshadows maybe draw the right customers and people interested in beauty and make-up.
- Measure the performance– once you start posting you will have to measure the performance and the hashtags that most engaged the audience. Choosing the right pictures, spending some time presenting it, chasing the right hashtags, it is not an easy job and you don’t go to waste it.
Hopefully, these tips helped you to peek inside Instagram and how does it work. You are ready to get into the world of hashtags and posts.
Building your audience and expanding it, is not a one day job and once you managed to do it in the right manner you will have to advertise it and keep your followers not to go away. It is everyday hard work that will eventually pay off. Instagram is another social media where you can invest in your business to grow and to reach the audience and potential customers.
Task Ant helps you to get through the confusion and start in the right way. It will measure the performance of your posts and hashtags and give you the right ideas on how to proceed. We all need the right tools, don’t we?
Welcome to Instagram!