Amazon Fire Stick is one of the best ways to convert your old television to a smarter television so that you can easily stream different kinds of content right from Netflix Originals to YouTube videos. As of writing this article, Disney Plus is officially available on Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV devices. Disney and Amazon seems to have under gone agreement and that’s why probably the service is up and running on the respective platforms. In this article, we will be discussing everything about the new Disney Plus on Firestick with the help of WebSafetyTips experts.
So, make sure that you stick around till the end!
What is Amazon FireStick?
Amazon Fire TV (stylized as amazon fireTV) is a line of digital media player and microconsoles developed by Amazon. The devices are small network appliances that deliver digital audio and video content streamed via the Internet to a connected high-definition television. You can read more on wikipedia.
You can side load third pary apps on your firestick device to watch movies and sports. There are tons of good firestick channels which offer you to stream your favorite show on TV. If you are thinking to cut the cord then you should definitely go for Firestick. You can install netflix, Hbo and Hulu on firestick to watch movies, web series and Live TV shows. If you are sports fan then you can use BT Sport on your Firestick to watch Live sports. In this article we will show you the install process of Disney plus on firestick.
What is Disney Plus?
Disney Plus is the all new video streaming service from the house of Walt Disney Studios and Walt Disney Television. Once you have Disney Plus on Firestick, you will get access to both free and premium content. The company that owns the streaming service has a lots of services under its banner including Pixar, National Geographic, Marvel Studios, to name a few. Disney Plus was launched on November 12, 2019 in Canada, Netherlands and the US. In the past few weeks, it has paved its way into more and more new regions.
Disney Plus is a big competitor to Hulu, HBO, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc. The coming time will only tell how well Disney Plus ends up performing in the market and whether it can capture the audience’s heart or not. Disney Plus is fully compatible with Alexa so you can directly control it by giving out voice commands. For example – you can give out voice command to Alexa to play your favourite Star Wars movie on Firestick. You are free to stream movies, series, documentaries, etc, out of which some of the most popular content are Star Wars Trilogy, The Simpsons, Captain Marvel, and a lot more. In short, you can stream everything that is Disney!
- A premium ad free on-demand video streaming service
- Get Originals directly from the house of Star Wars, National Geographic, Pixar, Disney, etc
- 100+ titles available to directly stream in 4K UHD and HDR
- You can watch some movies directly on the date of release only
- Cult classics and old seasons of your favorite shows available to stream.
- The service has both free and paid content to stream
- You can simultaneously watch on four screens with one account
- Support for HDR 10 and Dolby Vision
- It has unlimited download feature and that too on up to ten devices
Disney Plus was initially planned to launch in a few countries only but later on it started expanding its services to other regions also. It’s important to note that each country may have its own pricing. So, for full details on pricing you can visit the official website of Disney Plus. For now, we will be just listing the pricing for the popular regions.
- In Canada, it costs $8.99/month and $89.99/year.
- In US, it costs $6.99/month and $69.99/year. We recommend you to go for the yearly package as it would save you $14.
- You can also go for the different bundled offers. There’s a subscription bundle of Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu (ad-supported), which is priced at $12.99/month.
- If you have subscribed to Hulu service then you can add Disney Plus to your subscription package.
How to install Disney Plus on Firestick?
In this method, we will learn to install Disney Plus on Firestick directly through the official Amazon App Store. Just follow the below steps carefully and you would be good to go!
- Turn on your Firestick device and head to the Home page. Look for the search icon on top left corner and just click on it.
- Enter Disney Plus and choose the same from the search suggestions
- Click on Apps & Games row and select Disney+
- Choose Download or Get option
- The installation would now begin. Wait for the process to finish up.
- Once installed, just click on Open to start Disney Plus on Firestick.
How to register into Disney Plus?
Disney Plus has been installed but to access its inside contents, you will need to have an account and for that, we will learn the sign up process in this section. Just like above, follow the below steps carefully:
- Open Disney Plus and click on Start Free Trial. In case, you already have an account then select Log In.
- You will now be instructed to enter your email address. Enter it and just click on Continue to go ahead.
- The next step is to enter the password. Create a good and strong password and click on Continue.
- Once the registration is completed, you would receive a confirmation email.
- All done! Your account has been created but to start your 7 day free trial you would need to sign up for the monthly or annual subscription and after the previous step you will be prompted to do the same only.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
1) Can I stream content on Disney Plus for free?
Ans: Disney Plus is a subscription-based streaming service. But, to avail the free benefits you can register for the 7 day free trial and cancel it whenever you want. In some areas, we have heard that some content is available for free to stream. So, find out about your region and then make the move!
2) Do I need to have a minimum bandwidth requirement to stream on Disney Plus?
Ans: This goes without saying that a good and stable Internet connection is a must to stream the content in high quality. For instance, if you would like to stream smoothly in 1080p Full HD then you would need a connection with a speed of around 10-15mbps.
3) Does Firestick support the stream of Disney Plus content in 4K HDR?
Ans: For this, you need to have minimum two requirements fulfilled and they are: HDR compatible TV and 4K edition Firestick. If both the requirements are ticked then nobody can stop you from streaming high quality content in Disney Plus.
Disney Plus on Firestick gives you access to thousands of Disney owned movies and series. The streaming service app has been customized specially for the Amazon Fire platforms and that’s why we feel you are going to fall in love with the user interface, just like we did. The service has already been launched in many countries but if it hasn’t been launched in your region then you can wait for the official announcements or you can use a VPN to access the content. We hope that you would now know everything about the new yet powerful video streaming service, Disney Plus. Stay tuned with reliablecounter.com for updates and news about firestick.