Wigs have become incredibly popular these days. They offer many benefits and are easy to use. When it comes to human hair wigs, they are widely available. However, many people make the mistake of confusing the full lace wig with lace front wigs. People do not know the difference between full lace wigs and lace front wigs. This post looks at the differences between the two, their pros and cons, as well as which one is better. Read on to learn more about these two types of wigs.
What Are Lace Front Wigs?
Lace front wigs are commonly worn by women around the world. They are wigs which have small lace panel that covers the front hairline at the front of the wig. The wig consists of hair strands that are hand sewn into the holes of each lace. Thus, it is extremely simple and easy to wear lace front wigs since they tend to be stretchy and help keep your entire scale area covered. Lace front wigs provide you with a natural hair style. They are extremely popular and an ideal option for just about everyone due to the fact that they will appear as front natural hairline. Wearing the front lace wig will elevate the way you look.
If you buy lace front wigs, you will notice that it is typically 13 x 4 inches long and provides frontal closure. The lace frontal closures will be 100 percent hand-tied. They are made with lightly bleached knots and single knots to provide a natural look. The lightly bleached knots help ensure that the lace frontal area appears as long as possible. Lace front wigs provide a good lifespan. When it comes to their density, lace front wigs provide 120 percent to 130 percent density. The parting style is free. Its attributes include long lifespan, no smell, minimal shedding or no shedding, tangle free, and softness.
Pros of Lace Front Wigs
- Available for an affordable price: A great thing about lace front wigs is that they come for a cheap price as compared to a full lace wig.
- Authentic result: When you put on a lace front wig, you will notice that it provides a natural and authentic look to your hair.
- Quick results: If you want quick results, then, the lace front wig is the perfect option. You can easily put it on the go.
- Easy to put on and take off: Lace front wigs are glue-less. This means that you can easily put them on and take them off without having to use any adhesive or tape.
Cons of Lace Front Wigs
- Lack flexibility: Lace front wigs lack flexibility as they cannot be parted anywhere. You cannot play along with the look.
- Slippage: If there is one thing that people worry about when wearing a lace front wig, it is the fact that it can slip off your back. Hence, it can lead to an embarrassing situation.
- Damage to scalp and hairline: Possibility of damage to scalp and hairline can be a serious issue.
What Is a Full Lace Wig?
A full lace wig is made with the help of a lace cap which covers your entire head. Only 100 percent human hair is used and it is knotted by hand. A standard full lace wig has a strip of stretch lace on the top in order to ensure easy movement like variation in your head size or growth of hair underneath.
One of the reasons why a full lace wig is so popular is because it can be easily parted anywhere. You can pull it up into a high ponytail or make just about any type of hairstyle you want with a full lace wig. It does not get better than this. Moreover, keep in mind that a full lace wig lasts much longer as compared to a lace front wig. A typical medium-sized full lace wig is available in 22 to 22.5 inches. You can choose the color you want. It offers same density and does not shed. Moreover, a full lace wig is tangle-free. If you are worried about quality, then, there is nothing to worry about because there is no shedding, no lice, no tangles, and the full lace wig can be easily adjusted.
Pros of Full Lace Wig
- Greater versatility: When it comes to a full lace wig, it provides you with more versatility in terms of styling and placement.
- Natural Look: Since you get to change the style of the full lace wig to any way you want, it provides you with a much more natural look.
- Perfect twist out: If you want the perfect twist out, the full lace wig is a great option.
Cons of Full Lace Wig
- Expensive: All the benefits of a full lace wig come at a cost. Hence, it is a more expensive option.
Differences between Lace Front Wigs & Full Lace Wigs
A sheer lace base is used for a lace front wig for its front portion. The lace might cover the front half in some lace front wigs. Only a limited inches worth of lace is used. The base of the lace front wig is made of more comfortable and thicket material. As for the full lace wig, the base is made completely from lace. The entire head is covered by the lace material.
Full lace wigs consist of a full lace base unlike the lace front wig which only uses a few inches of lace. Thus, full lace wigs tend to be more versatile and allow you to wear different hair styles. Thus, a full lace wig is available for a higher price.
The full lace wig has a completely lace base. The lace covers the head in its entirety and has to be installed differently than how one would put on a lace front wig which only relies on attachment to the front edges of the head. It is a good idea to wear a wig cap for a full lace wig.