Considering the current climate, more people are assessing their providers and scrutinising their bills. Are you paying way over the odds for your broadband package at the moment? Is it failing to deliver the speeds and quality you were expecting when you first signed up? If this is the case, continue reading to find out more about how to assess different broadband deals properly before you sign a contract.
- Always compare deals – There is only one place to begin, and this is by comparing the different broadband providers that are out there. There are a lot of providers, and they all offer something different. Handy comparison tools and tables make it easier for us to understand the differences between all of the options available to us.
- Check your contract – Before you can even begin to consider another provider, you need to understand what is going on with your current contract. Broadband contracts can last for 12, 18, or 24 months, and sometimes even longer, so you need to make sure that you’re free to switch. This will be the case if you’re no longer within the minimum terms of the contract. If you are, you may be able to switch, yet you’re probably going to have to pay a cancellation fee (and it’s usually not a small one!). You could be able to cancel your contract without penalty if your provider is in breach of your contract in any way, for example, if you are not getting speeds that are fast enough or you have been hit with a random price hike in the last 30 days.
- Bundle up – You can save a lot of money by bundling your television package, home phone, and Internet into one. It’s certainly worth comparing these offers while you’re assessing your current broadband contract and options.
- Determine what speeds you need – There is no point in paying for the fastest broadband package if you don’t actually need this. Packages range from a snail’s pace of 2Mb to as much as 1Gb. This is why it is critical to think about what you really need. If you stream a lot of videos or you download large files regularly, or you have a big family, it’s wise to look for superfast speeds, i.e. those above 24Mb.
- Consider customer service too – Last but not least, customer service is often overlooked when choosing a broadband provider and package. However, if there is an issue with your connection, you want to feel safe in the knowledge that it is going to be resolved quickly and without any expense to you. So, take the time to read reviews before deciding and look at Ofcom research too.
So there you have it: some top tips on making sure you are on the best broadband contract. We hope that the advice that has been provided will help you to choose the right broadband package for you. During this testing time, we all need to make sure that we are spending efficiently, and one way you can do this is by moving onto a better broadband deal.