Food travels from mouth into the stomach through a tube-like structure called the esophagus. The esophagus passes through an opening in the diaphragm( a muscular organ that separates the chest and stomach and aids in breathing) named esophageal hiatus. When the upper part of the stomach lies below the stomach pushes out of this hiatus and stays on the chest, then such a condition is known as Hiatal Hernia. It will be useful for you to know the causes of hernia and different ways that suggest how to heal a hiatal hernia.
The main cause of Hernia is pH imbalance and intestinal inflammation. A hiatal hernia can be extremely painful and might demand an effective treatment modality that could address the factors responsible for the severity of the situation.
How to prevent Hernia?
Preventive measures can be taken not only to avoid the development of initial Hernia but can also be followed to intervene in the already existing hernia from worsening into a complicated or more painful form. We should try to lessen exertion or strain on the body above its threshold. Ways of intervention for hernia are:
- Quit smoking: The main ingredient in cigarettes is nicotine which can prevent angiogenesis( formation of blood vessels) and impairs the healing process of weak tissues which may accelerate the formation of hernias.
- Take an early consultation from a doctor for chronic cough: Coughing for a long period can strain abdominal muscles and irritate diaphragm. This can facilitate the growth of abdominal hernia. So, visit the GP for timely relief from cough and control triggering the hernia.
- Never exceed the body’s load-bearing capacity- Do not carry heavy objects that might fatigue your muscles. If lifting load, try to derive support from more powerful leg muscles than from the back or abdomen.
- Include dietary fibers to improve bowel movements
- Weight management: Excess body fat or unhealthy BMI not only harms your external appearance but is a major cause for many diseased states. It not just put a strain on muscles, in fact, raise the likelihood of the incidence of hernia.
- Take short course meals: Avoid overeating
- Refrain from reclining or bending immediately after eating
- Do mild or simple exercise regularly
- Cut off spicy meals, tomato-rich or protein-rich diet
- Prefer freshly cooked meals at home
Role of medicines and supplements
Traditional prescriptions include:
Antacids- Aluminum, calcium, magnesium, or sodium bicarbonate
PPI(proton pump inhibitors)- Prilosec, Prevacid, Aciphex
H2 receptor blockers- Cimetidine, famotidine, nizatidine, and ranitidine
These drugs are meant for symptomatic relief and to manage acid reflux. Although it relieves the painful symptoms of GERD but prevents proper digestion. In addition, the US FDA has strictly enforced that such medications if taken for more than 14 days and thrice a year is liable to produce serious side effects. Therefore, Grocare introduced a combination of herbal supplements with an 80% healing rate. Hernia and Acidim contained in this formulation works by reducing inflammation of intestines and promote natural healing to cure hernia. 2 tablets a day, till the hernia subsides, is a sure short key to hold back the onset of hernia again. There are no chances of relapse with the Grocare kit if used as directed.