Ensuring the safety of the family, and especially of the children, is very important. It is through daily communication with your kids that you learn about the problems and issues that concern them. And by solving their problems together, help them learn how to behave correctly in a given situation. Therefore, according to the main safety rule for any family, parents should talk to their children as often as possible and help deal with problems.
Watching a child play, we look at ourselves from the side. This means that we ourselves need to be extremely careful and attentive, knowing that the child can reproduce our action with accuracy to the smallest detail. Therefore, no matter how many times you tell your child that before you open the door, you should yourself check who is behind it. And the child will follow your example. So, if you aim to teach your child safety rules, first of all, follow them yourself.
Every day, every minute, our children are faced with different dangers. The threat can even come from close people or relatives, and the child can only cope with it by clearly knowing how to act in a given situation. Who can kids turn to for help if they are lost? How should they behave on social networks? Of course, you can always use a parental monitoring app for iphone to make your life easier. But it is even better to have both – a cautious and a digital solution “working” in pairs.
So, here are some of the things that you should teach your children in order to ensure safe family life:
- Always say “no” to strangers in response to any suggestions. You should also explain that a kid should not feel uncomfortable when ignoring strangers and people that they do not know.
- Explain that adults should ask other adults for help, not the child. Almost all parents should repeat to their kids, “Do not go with someone else’s uncle, whatever he offers – candy, kitten, doll, phone.” Of course, children can help an oldie to get on the bus or carry a bag to the entrance, but they should in no case enter someone else’s apartment.
- Explain that no one can outwardly distinguish a “good” person from a “bad” person and that a friendly young woman is still a stranger.
- A child should NOT obey all adults in a row. This leads to the fact that children should leave strangers or should not open the door to a stranger who strictly demanded to open it. Explain who they should obey.
- Teach your kids not to be ashamed to ask for help if they are lost from a person with a child, a policeman, a security guard, a salesman, a cashier, a cleaner, etc.
- Explain to your children that if someone is threatening them with something, then that person is very afraid of something. Any threats and demands not to tell you about anything is a reason for your kids to tell you everything right away. Explain that if someone tries to get the child to do something by threatening with anything, one should inform you immediately.
Establish a Close Relationship With Your Kid
You should always be friends with your kid, and your children should never be afraid of sharing any secrets with you. Such close relationships will help you control what’s happening in the life of your baby. After all, being in touch with your kids is a guarantee of their safety and well-being. Besides, being friends with your kid is also fun and exciting.