You had pain in your neck, shoulders, and lower back so you researched and bought a mattress that suited your needs. However, the pain doesn’t seem to subside at all. That’s probably because it has nothing to do with your mattress, but everything to do with your pillow.
Here are the different types of pillows and which is best for you.
Synthetic pillows; these are cheap, relatively lightweight, and easy to bend and care for but they have the shortest durability span of all types of pillows. And they flatten fairly quickly, needing replacement. Plus, the filling tends to clump together, making it lumpy and very uncomfortable.
Feather pillows; are usually inexpensive, soft, and durable, but they tend to stick out through the pillow cover, and they’re spiky. Moreover, they don’t offer a whole lot of support to your neck or spine.
Latex pillows; are amongst the most durable, shapes itself to the contours of the head and neck. They hold their shape well, but the drawback is that its height cannot be adjusted. Plus, it smells funny.
Water pillows; are firm, shapes itself to the contours of the head and are very good for back and neck pain. However, they can be noisy at times and are not all that durable.
Memory foam pillows; these are by far the best pillows to buy right now, they have a quality similar to that of the nectar memory foam mattress . Not only do they offer support and relief from neck and back pain, they are soft yet firm, smooth, no lumps, and easily contour to the shape of head and neck. Plus, they are amazingly durable and easy to wash and clean. They are relatively expensive too.
Features of the Best Memory Foam Pillows
- Memory foam pillows are of top quality than most pillows. And for good reason! So perhaps the most important one is that they have the “memory” feature.
- They also have very good anti-bacterial features. It prevents things like bacteria and repels dust mites.
- This type of pillow responds well to your body temperature. It will automatically cool or warm itself depending on how hot or cold you are. A super awesome feature if you sweat a lot during the night.
- It aligns your neck with the rest of your spine. A properly aligned back with the rest of your body is essential to getting a good night sleep.
- They do not crumple or mess up over use.
- Memory foam pillows are very durable and are of different grades and quality.
So when you decide to buy a pillow, you need to choose the one that suits you and your needs best. After all, you spend a third of your life sleeping. So it’s only fair that you find the best comfortable pillows to rest your head on. So rather than picking the first one, you come across. Take the time, effort, and money to buy the best pillows to sleep in your california king bed size.