“I don’t want a wig that looks like a wig; I want one that could pass for a weave.” – Nicki Minaj(Singer, Songwriter)
Everyone wants to have a little extra in their looks. That can be a new dress, makeup, or hairstyle. And (good quality) wigs are the quickest and the best way to obtain that new, gorgeous look that you yearn.To add that extra bang to your looks, human hair wigs are a reliable choice. However, if you are uncertain about it, let us get you through that step by step.
Types of Wigs!
Generally, there are two types of wigs. They are synthetic hair wigs and human hair lace front wigs. What is the difference between the two? Apart from the material used, the common differences are:
- Synthetic Hair Wigs:
- About three months of life
- Not resistant to heat
- Low maintenance
- Difficult to prevent tangles
- Cheaper than human hair wigs.
- Human Hair Wigs:
- About six months of life
- High maintenance
- Easier to prevent tangles
- Costlier than synthetic wigs
I would recommend human hair wigs any day. Although they are a bit expensive than synthetic hair ones and require a lot of care, they look real (because they are made from real human hair), have a longer life, and are customizable according to your tastes.
Prerequisites of Buying a Wig!
There are a lot of styles and varieties of wigs available in the market for you to choose from. But don’t let that overwhelm yourself. We have pointed out the factors you need to know before buying any wig, with or without bangs.
Pick a hairstyle that suits not only your tastes but also your looks and your facial structure.The best is to go for the one that fits with your scalp and doesn’t expose your hairline. Human hair wigs are perfect for this job. The common styles include:
- Wavy (but not curled)
- Short Wigs: They are easier to maintain and quicker to style compared to others. They are best for everyday use and especially if you live in an area where the weather is usually humid.
- Medium Length Wigs: These are the wigs with hair length that falls just below your shoulders. These carry the best of both short and long length wigs.
- Long Wigs: Long-haired wigs allows more play with style. However, it does ask for more maintenance.
- The Shape of Your Face
- Oval: Almost any style is suitable for this face structure. However, it is best to avoid heavy bangs.
- Round: People with round faces tend to look better in shorter wigs. It is best to avoid chin length wigs that resemble the shape of your face.
- Square:Medium and short wigs with bangs and waves are best suited for this facial structure. Straight bobs that end at the jawline don’t go well here.
- Oblong: Rectangular facial structure looks fabulous with medium or short wigs with short bangs. It is best to avoid wigs that fall below your shoulders as they make a face appear longer.
- Heart: Chin-length or longer wigs looks best here. Any shorter wigs may not suit this facial structure.
- Diamond: Any style goes here. The best ones are that adds volume around the nape. However, it is best to avoid wigs that cover facial features, including long bangs.
Points for Bangs!
These are points that one should consider while going for a wig with bangs.
- Types of Bangs: There are several types of bangs available in the market. They vary from style to style. The basic ones are:
- Parted (center, side)
One should be mindful of the chosen style of the bang, especially with regards to the facial structure and the style of the wig.
- Bangs that Suit your Style
Bangs do not always go with everything. Usually, only a specific style ofbangs goes with the look you have.It is advised to go for a wig that looks good on you. The same is said for the bangs.
- Extra Care
Bangs require extra care, even more than the rest of your wig.Since they rest on your face throughout the day, they tend to get greasy and stick on your face.They need regular washes and time to set.
- Hide your Hairline
Bangs are suited for newbies who are new to the concept of wigs. Why? Because with bangs, they don’t have the worry about exposing their hairline, or the fact that they are wearing a wig.
Dos and Don’ts:
This is a list of a few must do’s and don’t regarding your wig.
- Learn how to maintain: Maintenance is essential for any kind of wig. Without proper maintenance, the life and quality of the wig reduce subsequently.
- Shampoo and Conditioner: It is best to use the shampoos and the conditioner that is for wigs to clean them.
- Stylist: If you are uncertain about your skills, it is best to take the wig to a wig stylist for styling and maintenance.
- When not in use: Always keep the wig covered and upright when not in use to avoid tangles and unnecessary cleaning.
- Use hair spray: Hair spray or any spray damages the wigs. It is best to avoid them if possible.
- Apply Heat: Synthetic wigs are not immune to heat as the hair strands may melt. However, heat is also not advised for the human hair wigs since they can damage hair. So, blow dryers, curling irons, and straightener are a big no-no.
- Sleep or Shower: No, we are not stopping you from sleeping and showering. But we are telling you not to do that while wearing a wig.
- Your hair: Sure, it is nice to take care of your wigs and look good. But do not forget about your real hairs and take care of them equally. Wigs are just an accessory.
Wigs, especially human hair wig add to your personality. They look good and add appeal in your everyday style. With the array of styles available in the market, don’t let your social circle or your wallet decide for you and pick a wig that compliments you. It is you that matters the most.