It is 2018 and if you do not have a website, that is a very bad choice for your business. Almost every person nowadays, young or old, uses the internet to find out the details about a particular business. Every business in this day and age is supposed to have a website otherwise they will be left behind by their competitors.
Building or redesigning a website sounds scary and extensive. What to include, what not to include, how many pages, how many categories, how much will it all cost. These are just a few of the questions that may arise when you are advised to build or redesign a website. However, sweat not because even if you have a limited budget, you can still build your website. If you want news on the latest trends and developments in technology or softwares, check out search engine optimization news.
Building or redesigning websites requires extensive planning, resources, attention and maintenance. Here are a few tips on how you can build or redesign your outdated website:
- If you are on a limited budget, you should start thinking and planning smartly. Think of the most important pages which your website will require. Whether you want to include a testimonial page, a home page, an About Us page, a product category page. It should be what you think is the most the important and what you think you are trying to achieve from the website. Think about the purpose of the website you’d be building or redesigning. Once you know it, youll also know what to include or not include in your site.
- Redesigning your website does not mean that you will have to start from scratch. Just a little tweaking in your old content will be sufficient. Jazz your website up a bit. Look for typos, add headings and sub-headings to have a good impression, use shorter sentences for easy readability, etc. Use different sizes and font colours.
- Examples of poor websites are commonly those which have little to no visual impact and are all about the text. If you’re on a limited budget, that does not mean you will have to hire professional photographers and buy professional equipment. You can easily get stock photos off of the internet. There are many websites which either sell stock photos or offer them for free.
- Update your website so that it runs on content management system such as WordPress. HTML has become old and static. WordPress websites are SEO friendly, easy to manage and maintain and offer a variety of themes.
- Plug ins are a great way to ensure greater functionality of your website. They do not even cost a hefty amount. Especially if you use content management systems such as WordPress, they offer plug ins which you can easily install and use. Most of the plug ins are free of cost. You can easily add any feature you want: an online chat box, online video calls, newsletter subscription bar, etc.
If you can afford a website designer, choose Philadelphia website design and SEO or the free SEO checker.