Have you been involved in a Lyft accident? Do you want to learn more about your rights? Then, you need to read on. If you have suffered from a Lyft accident, chances are that you might have suffered from a number of injuries. Therefore, you may have grounds for filing a Lyft accident claim. You can seek compensation for the harm caused. However, before you decide to make any decision, it is best that you seek legal assistance from a lawyer for Lyft accident such as one from Baumgartner Law Firm to ensure that you have the best lawyer representing you.
Second Opinion from a Lawyer for Your Lyft Accident
Baumgartner Law Firm is a personal injury law firm that is dedicated to seeking justice for its clients who have suffered from an auto accident including a Lyft auto accident. The lawyers at Baumgartner Law Firm have been handling car accident claims where Lyft drivers, Lyft vehicles, and Lyft passengers are involved for many years. They have the expertise to provide you with the assistance you need to recover the entire compensation that you are entitled to. Thus, if you have been involved in a Lyft accident, then, it might be in your best interests to choose an experienced lawyer to discuss your Lyft accident claim. It is important that you contact a lawyer at your earliest convenience as cases related to accidents and injury require prompt action. When you choose a lawyer from Baumgartner Law Firm, you can be rest assured that your claim will be handled will care and you can expect to achieve a successful outcome.
Providing rides in the United States since 2012, Lyft is one of the most popular rideshare company besides Uber. Starting out in June of 2012 in San Francisco, California, Lyft has become a major rideshare company. It offers more than a million rides every day in about 300 cities in the country. Whenever someone considers using a rideshare service, Lyft is the first rideshare company that comes to mind. But, just like any other rideshare service, it is possible for Lyft passengers, Lyft drivers, or any other party to be involved in an auto accident. If you have been involved in a Lyft accident as a passenger, driver, or a third party, then, you would have certain questions about the accident and legal action.
Causes of Lyft Accidents
Generally, victims have the right to sue based on the cause of the Lyft accident. So, what are the causes of a Lyft accident? There is no difference between the cause of a regular auto accident and a Lyft auto accident. Some of the most common causes of Lyft accidents are mentioned below.
- Driving a car that has mechanical difficulties.
- Using a cell phone while driving or any other device.
- Getting distracted by things outside or inside of the vehicle while driving.
- A disregard for traffic signals.
- Being under the influence of alcohol or drugs while driving.
- Reckless driving
- Exceeding the speed limit when driving.
It is the negligence on part of the driver that leads to an accident. Therefore, if the car accident you are involved in had been caused by the negligence of the driver, you may have some grounds for filing a claim and seeking compensation. To do this you may want to get the services of this Process Server Phoenix company.
It is possible for a victim of a Lyft accident to suffer from a spinal cord injury, knee injury, shoulder injury, hip injury, back injury, neck injury, brain injury, and head injury. If you have suffered from any of the mentioned injuries or any other type of injury due to the Lyft accident, you are eligible to seek a claim and get compensated. Hence, it is vital that you first consult with a Lyft accident lawyer near you as early as possible.
Insurance Coverage of Lyft
Lyft has an impressive insurance policy which applies to Lyft passengers, Lyft drivers, and any other person who has been injured outside of the vehicle and is unaffiliated with Lyft. The insurance policy includes up to a million dollars of coverage. Read on to find out how the insurance policy applies.
- When the driver is on an active ride: According to the Lyft insurance policy, Lyft passengers and Lyft drivers will be fully covered if the Lyft driver is on an active ride. The coverage is of about a million dollars. It includes comprehensive collision, underinsured/ uninsured motorists, and auto liability.
- When the driver mode is turned on and no ride was accepted: If the Lyft drives gets involved in the accident before accepting a ride, the insurance policy might apply. But, insurance coverage will be contingent on an applicable insurance coverage. The maximum amount of contingent coverage is $100,000 per accident, $50,000 per person and $25,000 for property damage.
- When the driver mode is turned off: Lyft insurance coverage does not apply when the Lyft driver is involved in an accident while the driver mode is turned off. In such a case, the personal insurance of the driver or the insurance policy of the party liable would apply.
Recover Compensation for the Lyft Accident
If you have been injured due to a Lyft accident and the insurance coverage does apply to your claim, then, you can file a Lyft accident claim to recover compensation. Keep in mind that the amount of compensation that you are entitled to depends on a number of details that surround the claim. Have you suffered from injuries? Are you unable to work because of the injuries? How have you struggled emotionally and mentally after the accident? Did your vehicle get damaged? Consider these questions to determine the amount of compensation. Factors that are available for recovery include punitive damage, burial and funeral expenses, loss of consortium, property damage, pain and suffering, lost income, and medical expenses.
Hire a Reputable Lyft Accident Lawyer
If you want your Lyft accident claim to be successful, then, you need to hire a reputable Lyft accident lawyer such as one from Baumgartner Law Firm. It will boost your chances of success.