India is home to extreme weather conditions that can take a toll on your skin’s health. We reached out to skin specialists for their expert opinions on how you can take care of your skin during the winter and summer months in India and have listed them below. Read on for glowing, healthy skin!
Winter Skin Care Routine
‘During winter, your primary focus should be on keeping your skin hydrated’ – recommends Dr Siddharth Garekar who runs a skin care clinic in Gurgaon, India. The following routine can help you take care of your skin at night-time:
- Start by wiping all the makeup from your face. Even if you do not wear makeup, the first step in any skin-care routine is to clean your face. Use a facewash that does not strip your face of natural oils.
- Apply a toner to keep your pores clean.
- Use 2 drops of cold pressed lavender oil or jojoba oil to hydrate your skin.
- Once the oil is absorbed into your skin, you can use a moisturizer (if you have very dry skin).
Similarly, during the day, you can:
- Clean your face to remove any grime from the night. Using a gel cleanser or oil based cleanser can keep your skin fresh and hydrated.
- Apply a sheet mask if you have the time. Most sheet masks only need to be applied for ten-fifteen minutes so you can accommodate this in your schedule. Rub the excess fluid from the mask onto your skin. An aloe vera sheet mask can provide ample hydration.
- Once the residue of the mask dries, apply a hydrating face cream.
- Apply lip balm to prevent chapped lips.
Summer Skin Care Routine
During the summer, your skin is exposed to extreme heat, sweat, and oils. Therefore, you need to follow a completely different routine to take care of your skin in summers.
Before you go to bed, you can:
- Use a charcoal cleanser to get the day’s dirt off your face.
- Use a daily scrub to further clean your face, and then apply a toner of your choice.
- Use a light serum that can help you counteract sebum production, if you have oily skin. If not, you can use a serum that adds vitamin E to your skin.
- Apply a light moisturizer before bed, along with under-eye cream if you need it.
During the day, you can:
- Clean your face with a light cleanser.
- Apply a generous coat of sunscreen to protect your skin from the sun.
- If you have oily skin, you can use calamine lotion to control the oil production. If you have dry skin, you can use a light moisturizer.
- If you are planning to wear a lot of makeup, hydrate your skin well. This is because foundation can sometimes dry up the skin and make it feel worse.
- You can carry a toning mist you and apply it to cool down as and when you want. A natural cucumber or rose mist should work well!
What skin care routine you follow when you hit the road? Share them with us.